Support the Empowerment of Women and their Rights for Development (STEWARD WOMEN) (formerly STEWARD Organization) is a women organization founded in March 2009 by some South Sudanese women lawyers, friends and managed by women. It was first registered with South Sudan Relief and Rehabilitation Commission of Magwi County in Eastern Equatoria State in 2009 as a community based, not-for-profit non- governmental organization. However in June 2014, it was registered as a National NGO with the Ministry of Justice and constitutional affairs and in June 2016 with Relief and Rehabilitation Commission (RRC) in Juba Vide registration no. 037. Our locations of activity implementation in South Sudan are; Nimule, Magwi, Kapoeta & Torit in Eastern Equatoria State; Bentiu in Unity State; Bor in Jonglei State; Rumbek in Lakes State and a national coordination office in Juba.
Our mission is to develop, shape and empower South Sudanese women to advocate for policies that foster equal economic opportunity, and secure human rights for women, girls and children.
1) Legislation & Law Reform on Women, Peace & Security
2) Access to Justice
3) Psychosocial Support to GBV Survivors
4) Protection of adolescent girls in schools
5) Conflict Mitigation
6) Women economic empowerment
7) Women Leadership Capacity Development
8) Sexual Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)
9) Institutional learning and capacity development